If you've disabled the compiler and cleared the cache and you still run into the error
Class 'Mage_Install_Controller_Router_Install' not found
Check to see if the file
When you ran the patch, the directory
Router didn't exist in
app/code/core/Mage/Install/Controller and so the
Install.php file did not get created despite being told otherwise in the
applied.patches.list file. This means you're missing a class and you get the message:
Fatal error: Class 'Mage_Install_Controller_Router_Install' not found
Excerpt from the
applied.patches.list for the supposedly successful patch installation that fails to create the Install.php file:
patching file app/code/core/Mage/Install/Controller/Router/Install.php
patching file app/code/core/Mage/Install/etc/config.xml
The patch creates the following addition to the
app/code/core/Mage/Install/etc/config.xml file which references the missing file:
Sample of what the missing file
app/code/core/Mage/Install/Controller/Router/Install.php is supposed to contain.
* Magento Enterprise Edition
* NOTICE OF LICENSE
* This source file is subject to the Magento Enterprise Edition End User License Agreement
* that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE_EE.txt.
* It is also available through the world-wide-web at this URL:
* If you did not receive a copy of the license and are unable to
* obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send an email
* to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can send you a copy immediately.
* Do not edit or add to this file if you wish to upgrade Magento to newer
* versions in the future. If you wish to customize Magento for your
* needs please refer to http://www.magento.com for more information.
* @category Mage
* @package Mage_Install
* @copyright Copyright (c) 2006-2014 X.commerce, Inc. (http://www.magento.com)
* @license http://www.magento.com/license/enterprise-edition
class Mage_Install_Controller_Router_Install extends Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard
* Check if current controller instance is allowed in current router.
* @param Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action $controllerInstance
* @return boolean
protected function _validateControllerInstance($controllerInstance)
return $controllerInstance instanceof Mage_Install_Controller_Action;