I'm just learning Magento. I have Magento 2.3.3 open source set up on a Linux server with Apache, Redis & Varnish. Next I want to install Elasticsearch 6 ("ES") and I have confusion about some basic concepts.
- Apache version: 2.4.41 (Unix)
- Redis version: 5.0.7-1
- Varnish version: 6.3.1-1 Linux lts 4.19.86-1
- Elastic search version: 7.4.2-1
- Elastic search port: 9200
ES is running and I get the proper response from:
- curl localhost:9200 - curl http://127.0.0.1:9200
But I get this error from
curl: (35) error:1408F10B:SSL routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version number
Maybe that is not relevant because none of the articles I have seen on ES mention testing with curl and https.
I'm following this Magento DevDocs article.
First, I'm not sure which ports to configure for the http proxy (or, upon further reading, if the http proxy is even needed).
With Varnish, I have Apache listening on port 8080. The Magento Elasticsearch doc gives an example with Apache listening on the same port. Will that conflict? I'm confused about the http proxy setup.
I have two modules available:
#LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so #LoadModule proxy_http2_module modules/mod_proxy_http2.so
Which is the correct proxy module to enable? With the little I know about http2, it sounds more performant. Will it work with ES?
Which apache config file should contain these lines?
<VirtualHost *:8080> ProxyPass "/" "http://localhost:9200/" ProxyPassReverse "/" "http://localhost:9200/" </VirtualHost>
I have several vhosts defined in
/etc/httpd/conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf. Does the ES http proxy affect any of those existing vhosts? Can I just add the above to that same vhosts file?
I also have a
httpd-vhosts-le-ssl.conf (I'm using Let's Encrypt). Is that config file affected by adding ES?
For Magento 2.3.3 Open Source, I believe I need a marketplace extension for Magento to use ES. I just found Smile-SA/elasticsuite. That install guide doesn't even mention needing to set up an http proxy with Apache.
For reference, the ES plugins I found are:
- Smile https://github.com/Smile-SA/elasticsuite
- Mirasvit https://mirasvit.com/magento-2-extensions/elastic-search-ultimate.html
- Webkul https://store.webkul.com/Magento2-Elasticsearch.html
- wyomind https://www.wyomind.com/magento2/elastic-search-magento.html
- Amasty https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-module-elastic-search.html
- Bingo https://marketplace.magento.com/folio3ecommerce-magento2-module-bingo.html