We are building our first M2 site. We noticed that the administration area is running slower than we would expect. This especially causes headaches when trying to create the product catalog. The difference between a 2 second product search, view or edit and a 6-8 second can make catalog management quite a grind.
Just to make sure, I had reasonable expectations, I set out to find some 'demo' Mage 2 implementations for comparison. I found 3 accessible admin interfaces for demo installations.
I ran the several tests on both our test installation and the demos that we found. The results are as follows:
- Admin dashboard load: 2-3 seconds
- Admin products catalog list load: 5-6 seconds
- Admin product load (configurable): 6-9 seconds
- Admin product save (configurable, including reloading it following): 9-12 seconds
- Admin order listing load: 4-6 seconds
- Admin order load: 3-6 seconds
Most of these tests (including our internal test) were on a basic LUMA install with the preset products/orders provided in the seed data.
Before testing, I completed the following optimisations on my test installation:
- All caches, indexes on
- Production mode on
- Redis configured
- Logging off
- PHP7 used
- Enabled flat categories and products
- Removed all extensions
- Turned on Varnish
- Set up memcache
- Are my findings on par with expectations? If not, how long should I expect these tests to take if I have a well optimized installation?
- What suggestions do you have to optimize admin performance beyond what I have already performed?