Denotes questions regarding Magento Command-line upgrade
Anytime you perform an action that causes the Magento database schema or data to change, you must update them by running the command discussed in this section. A partial list of reasons follows:
- You upgraded the Magento software using the command line
- You installed or updated a component using the command line
- You enabled or disabled a component using the command line
Note the following:
- If you used the Web Setup Wizard to do any of the preceding, you don’t have to use the command discussed in this topic.
- A Magento component can be a module, theme, or language pack; it doesn’t matter whether the component comes from the Magento Marketplace or not
Start the upgrade:
magento setup:upgrade [--keep-generated]
where --keep-generated is an optional argument that does not update static view files. This optional argument is for use only in limited circumstances by experienced system integrators. It should be used only in production mode. It should not be used in developer mode.
Clean the cache: