There were multiple issues. For once port 80 was only accessible from a specific address I changed that in the firewall. Also the configuration mentioned is not redirecting for me even though I set Use Secure URLs on Storefront to Yes. The way I solved the issue is that I set the https url for base urls and base urls ( secure )
Magento has default functionality for set secure(https) and unsecure(http) url.
Before update bellow setting backup core_config_data table.
Go to Store-> Configuration-> General-> Web->Baseurl(secures) and
update http to https.
Update the value of Use Secure URLs on Storefront to Yes.
Refresh cache php bin/magento cache:clean.