Denotes question regarding Magento command-line interface (bin/magento)
Magento has one command-line interface that performs both installation and configuration tasks: /bin/magento. The new interface performs multiple tasks, including:
- Installing Magento (and related tasks such as creating or updating the database schema, creating the deployment configuration, and so on).
- Clearing the cache.
- Managing indexes, including reindexing.
- Creating translation dictionaries and translation packages.
- Generating non-existent classes such as factories and interceptors for plug-ins, generating the dependency injection configuration for the object manager.
- Deploying static view files.
- Creating CSS from Less.
- A single command (php /bin/magento list) lists all available installation and configuration commands.
- Consistent user interface based on Symfony.
- The CLI is extensible so third party developers can “plug in” to it. This has the additional benefit of eliminating users’ learning curve.
- Commands for disabled modules do not display.