I do see the var/locks folder in my Magento installation. But it is always empty - even while the indexer is running.
I assume it will cause an issue if the indexer gets triggered more than once, is this correct?
But I can't track down why it always stays empty.
- var/locks is set to 777 [drwxrwxrwx]
- var/locks will be owned by the same user of var/logs (and this works)
- all indexes finish successfully
- Nothing related in log files
- Magento ver. 126.96.36.199
I appreciate any hint and further information. Thank you.
Edit: If I'm gonna overwrite the indexer module with one from ver. 1.8 it works like expected - the var/locks folder will be used. So it looks like Magento changed the way of using var/locks? Does anyone know more about it?