I would like to know if it is possible, and more importantly, the correct approach, to use a single Magento instance/server to host the following two websites:
- two magento ecommerce 'websites'
- different product catalogue
- different 'branding' for each
- same payment methods
- different paypal payment account
- different customer base
- different domain/URL
- different email templates for each
- same theme, but different color variation
- same checkout workflow
- same language
- same currency
I am thinking in terms of maintenance of the code base and not having multiple logins for all admin/coding sytems.. However, I am also cautious about not making a single instance over complicated.
Once each site gets a larger customer base and more orders, I may split the two, however for now, I would like to keep things simple...but correct.
Thanks in advance.