I was doing some final finishing touches to a Magento 1.9 installation, refresh the page, and magically all the styles, apart from those that are inline, have stopped working.
On inspection, Magento is calling for
skin/frontend/base/default/css/styles.css and there isn't a file there. (403 Error) I have checked in a previous backup, and the file wasn't there either, and I am using custom theme (Smartwave Mango > http://themeforest.net/item/mango-responsive-magento-theme/11629375?s_phrase=&s_rank=157), so I presume it shouldn't be looking there
I can't work out why magento is trying to find
styles.css from that folder at all. I have changed no CSS since yesterday, only a static block, so nothing has been edited.
Things I have tried:
- Cleared all Caches, multiple times (Browser + Magento)
- Cleared Indexes
- Verified the base URL is correct
- Checked a backup to see if files have somehow got lost- can't see any change
- Looked for a replacement styles.css- it doesn't exist.
- Checked in Chrome + FF
- Checked that Magento is using the correct theme
It does seem that Magento is ignoring my
app/design/frontend/smartwave/mango/layout, and putting default references in the Head of the generated HTML, but being a noob, am not sure. Images are loading, but custom JS isn't either.
(Almost) tearing hair out here- thanks for any help!