I'm currently developing an extension that modifies the fields of the checkout page in Magento2. I followed this tutorial: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/howdoi/checkout/checkout_customize.html but cannot get it to work the way I want.
What I want to do is:
- Remove some fields (for example the region, and the second line of the street address)
- Add custom fields, for example VAT-number, comment field
- Change the order of some fields
- Create validation for the custom fields
What I did so far:
- Created extension (with sequence Magento_Checkout)
- Added frontend/layout/checkout_index_index.xml
The extension itself is working properly. When I copy the fields from shipping-address-fieldset and I modify the description for telephone, I see it works. My new description is shown at the checkout page. But when I try to add a new field, or remove a field nothing happens.
Does anyone have experience with this? Please point me in the right direction.