After migrating from a localhost magento instance to a cloud-based server (using IP address, not a domain name yet) using the following approach, I can no longer login ad admin.
- Zipped and transferred all files from localhost to cloud server
- Imported the mysql database
- edited the app/etc/local.xml to connect to the cloud mySQL DB
- tweaked core_config_data table in phpmyadmin and replaced several values with 5. new URL (IP address)
- cleared var/cache, var/session, var/report, var/log
- checked all file and folder permissions.
I am simply returned to the admin console login screen.
I have tried to reset the admin password (via myphpadmin) and even create new admin users without success.
I have read it may be related to the new URL or cookies...however nothing I have tried has worked thus far. Appreciate any input from the Pro's.