2

I had no problems with the price index of the site, it was always possible reindexes it normally. But now whenever I try to reindex prices, I got this exception:

2015-12-05T18:49:17+00:00 DEBUG (7): Exception message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Trace: #0 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/lib/Varien/Db/Statement/Pdo/Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute()
#1 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Zend/Db/Statement.php(291): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute()
#2 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute()
#3 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query()
#4 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(428): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query()
#5 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query()
#6 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Resource/Event.php(146): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll()
#7 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(214): Mage_Index_Model_Resource_Event->getUnprocessedEvents()
#8 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Index/Model/Process.php(258): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexAll()
#9 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Index/controllers/Adminhtml/ProcessController.php(182): Mage_Index_Model_Process->reindexEverything()
#10 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(418): Mage_Index_Adminhtml_ProcessController->massReindexAction()
#11 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch()
#12 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match()
#13 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(354): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#14 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run()
#15 /home/mysite/www.mysite.com/index.php(100): Mage::run()
#16 {main}

After I got error, index price flag still in processing status. So I used SHOW PROCESSING LIST on Mysql to check and it is not running.

I tried remove index price lock in var/lock/ and run again, but I got the same exception.

After I got error, I check mage_catalog_product_index_price_idx and mage_catalog_product_index_price_tmp and both have all prices (each customer group) for all products.

mage_catalog_product_index_price_idx

Along with this problem arose another very strange error. In all sections and all grids in adminhtml the currency is multiplied by 10000. But how I said, the prices are still "normal" in database.

multiplied by 10000

I noticed these problems started when I used the following module: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/product-review-import-export.html, but I've used it in other project (Magento 1.8.1.0 too) with success, so it's turn the situation more strange.

When I tried use the dataflow of extension to import reviews, there was a missing field in CSV, and all lines occurred error, but the whole procedure was normal and no review was imported. Soon after I realized the problem of currency (* 10000), I tried reindex prices and I got the exception about Mysql.

All other functionality of Magento function normally. I tried to debug the prices reindex process, but it seems normal to where I am. As far as I realized the error SQLSTATE [HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server During query is not a timeout problem, I believe increase the exection time in Mysql settings is not a way out, it seems a connection problem, but I'm not sure because I am using EC2 + RDS (on the same VPC) and frontend works normally.

Update

I tried debug on deep the problem with currency. So the wrong result coming from toCurrency method on Zend_Currency, so I change my mind because the Zend lib is untouched.

Then I fount this: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/966. I'm not using Magento 2 but I'm using HHVM. I restarted the HHVM and the currency returned to normal. I don't know why this has occurred, I didn't change the HHVM options in recent weeks (but still need to check it with the rest of the team if anyone did).

Now I'm looking for Price Index Exception solution.

  • Are you indexing from backend or with shell command ... could be a web timeout problem ... currently I use shell script for reindexing 5000 spare parts as reindexing from backend results in error. Some information about reindexing from shell link – Kozure Jan 14 '16 at 16:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.