As you can see, after I click import, most of the currency rates show 1:1 which is obviously not right. We are on Magento CE 126.96.36.199.
The issue, as others have pointed out, is that the WebserviceX is now returning a -1 for all currency conversions. Until this is fixed I suggest you use another exchange API.
I suggest Fixer.io.
I have coded a module which will allow you to easily switch between the two.
The webservicex.net application that does the conversion for Magento seems to be not working.
Scroll down to the Test section on this page - no matter what currencies you enter it's returning -1 (for the GET responses at least)
Its failed in the past and come back - hopefully the same this time but who knows. I've sent an email to email@example.com but it bounced back
- Webservicex - not working
- Google Finance - not working
Plugin https://github.com/philwinkle/Philwinkle_Fixerio for fixer.io works perfect when applayed API_key and changed address to new one but free version only with base currency EUR.
Google Finance stop working but I change in this plugin to use xe.com and its working with different base currencies. https://github.com/ausger/GoogleCurrency If changes not accepted they should be in pull request.