Is there an established way to upgrade a Magento 2 Merchant Beta (master branch) install to the latest RC version? I haven't found a nice combination of commands / steps yet to complete an upgrade. The existing Merchant 2 Beta has the sample data already installed.
closed as off-topic by Raphael at Digital Pianism, Fabian Schmengler, Qaisar Satti, Rajeev K Tomy, Anna Völkl Apr 20 '16 at 11:23
- This question does not appear to be about the Magento e-Commerce platform within the scope defined in the help center.
What I did to update from Magento 2 1.0.0Beta to Magento 2 RC:
- Created backup of database and files
- Moved old Magento files to temp directory
- Placed Magento 2 RC files in the document root
- Added my old files:
- app/etc/config.php and app/etc/env.php
- extensions and my theme
After that I got an error about a resource. I fixed this with this script: https://mage2.pro/t/topic/130
After that Magento worked perfect.
Also make sure that a few things are changed:
- You should add a registration.php file to extensions and themes
- The scheme is changed, see Luma theme for an example. The scheme is changed from: ../../../../../../../lib/internal/Magento/Framework/View to: urn:magento:framework:View
bin/magento setup:backupto backup code base, media and database
- If you deployed using
git cloneget latest version using
- If you have any custom modules/themes, they will require