I am new to amazon web services.And I want to install Magento 22.214.171.124 on it.Can anyone suggest me how to do that?
check this link maybe help in your condition.
Launch an Ubuntu instance using the management console. When launching the instance , make sure you open port 80 in the security groups.
Connect the instance using putty.
Login as root user.
- Update the server
Install LAMP stack: Magento backend need apache , Php and Mysql database. You can configure all three applications using one command.
- Install and configure Lamp stack.
apt-get install -y lamp-server^
Create a root password for mysql and confirm it.
You can check if apache and mysql service is running using the following commands
service apache2 status service mysql status
Magento needs a database on mysql server. You can create a databse on mysql server using command line and phpmyadmin. I prefer phpmyadmin, since you can manage your mysql server from the browser using GUI.
Install phpmyadmin on Ubuntu instance
apt-get install phpmyadmin
You will be prompted to select the webserver. Select apache using the space bar and hit enter. Then you will be prompted to enter the phpmyadmin root password. Give a strong password.
Phpmyadmin has to be integrated with mysql-server. So when prompted select db-conf and enter the mysql root password you created during the LAMP stack installation.
- Once installed, you can access the phpmyadmin dashboard using the public ip, elastic ip or the Public dns of your instance followed by /phpmyadin.
Login to phpmyadmin using the credentials you created . The defatult username is root and password is the password you created during phpmyadmin setup.
Create a database magentoDB for magento application using phpmyadmin.
Click the database option in the top navigation panel and enter magentodb for the database name and hit enter.
Download Magento 1. Download magento to the /var/www folder.
- Untar the file
tar –xvzf mag*
- Change the file permissions for the following folders to give Magento write permission on those folders.
chmod -R o+w magento/app/etc/ chmod -R o+w magento/var/ chmod -R o+w magento/media/
- Add mcrypt extension to the php.ini file located in /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
vi /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini extension=mcrypt.so
- Install php5 curl.
apt-get install php5-curl
- Add curl extension to the php.ini file.
vi /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini Extension=curl.so
Installing Magento stack: 1. Go to http:// /magento from your browser. Magento installation wizard will appear.
- Tick the terms and conditions and hit continue.
This doc from AWS itself has a very thorough walkthrough and a lot of useful information on what you're setting up and how to do it properly, securely, and using best practices on AWS.
From the AWS Quick Start Overview
The Quick Start includes a deployment guide that describes the Magento architecture on AWS, provides step-by-step instructions for deploying and configuring the software, and discusses design and performance considerations.
Here are the steps:
- First, create instance of ec2
- Generate elastic ip from network and security.
- Assign elastic ip to instance
- Generate pem file
- Convert it to ppk file using puttygen.
- Generate and get Privatekey
- Start putty -> default pwd is : ubuntu
- Enter elastic ip to connect server using putty
- Connectivity -> ssh - > auth -> give ppk file path
You should be able to connect to the Amazon server now.
Now follow this link to install Apache, Php and MySQL
Here are some useful articles we have followed to set up Magento on amazon
create ftp :