I'm currently in the process of building a booking module for a client's Magento website.
I've come to the checkout process and discovered I could (if I know how) use Magento's built in checkout classes and methods.
What I'm unsure about is how to go about this. I would need to give the user the ability to:
- Either login, register or continue as guest
- Input their billing details (if they choose to continue as guest)
- Some completely custom fields, a mixture of both checkboxes and text inputs
- Verify order and input payment information
- Agree to terms and conditions before proceeding and continuing with order
I could really do with someone just breaking down how the one-page checkout process works so I can piece together how it all links.