We have the following situation in Magento:
- Guest customer is about place order.
- The customer filled his billing and shipping addresses on checkout page.
- The customer reached one of the following checkout steps (shipping methods, payment methods, order review).
- The customer decides to edit his cart and goes back to cart page
- The customer reaches the checkout page again and he has to fill shipping and billing address.
My question is what is the non programming reason to always start with fresh addresses on checkout page even when a customer filled them already in current checkout session?
It looks that Magento Core Team intentionally wants this effect. But why? Is there an edge case that may cause problems for the customers?