I believe I'm encountering a bug with the Fedex shipping calculation (might be problem with other carriers).
Steps to Replicate
- Enable Fedex rates
- Configure "Home Delivery" as the free method
- Create a price rule to apply free shipping to a single sku (e.g.
- Add sku
test-123to your cart
- Add another item to your cart (sku
- When shipping is calculated, sku
test-123should not be taken into account.
- I.e. the shipping rate for a cart consisting of skus
somethingelse-456should be the same as the shipping rate for a cart with sku
- The free shipping rule is not used and the Fedex rate includes the cost of shipping the
I have tested this on a clean CE 184.108.40.206 install with sample data.
For an example of how it should work, consider flat rate shipping. With a $5 flat rate per item, the cost to ship my 2 items would be $10, however because of the price rule, it is only $5.
Is this a bug? Has anyone else experienced this? What is the solution?
Here are some screen shots to further explain the issue: