I am working on a Magento EE 1.11 site in which :
- A registered User can add product which appears on the respective category listing page to all (even non-logged in user).
- When user clicks on the 'Add To Cart' this button changes to 'In Cart'
- Above case also applied to the Product view page.
- This is a medium traffic site.
- Due to some customizations done by a third party vendor, the category landing page loads too slow, we have reached a limit beyond which we are not able to improve on the page load speeds anymore.
- Hence 'Caching' seems to be the way ahead. And when we enabled FPC and Block HTML cache the page load times improved.
- Now, some blocks we observed need to be 'Hole Punched' like 'In Cart' etc.
- With the above given scenario where the user can add products means invalidating the category cache too often. Is it worth enabling FPC + block Cache and Hole punching. Will that actually give us any page load time reduction / less resource usage ?
- In general what is the criteria for deciding to enable FPC and Block Cache ?
- If FPC is enabled should I still enable Block HTML cache (I understand Block HTML cache o/p of a block but still) ?
- What pages does FPC cache (Is there a way to identify? from the full_page_cache folder) by default ?
- Are there any points I need to keep in mind when enabling FPC, what actions clear FPC.
Sorry for the type of questions, but after having read all the material my confusion has only increased. Thanks in Advance!