IMPORTANT: Each Magento store is different. The .csv files have a specific structure that must match the database of your store!
So the best thing you could possibly do is to create your own Magento product import .csv file by exporting the product data from your own store first. To do this, follow these steps:
- Login to your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to
System > Import/Export > Dataflow - Pofiles
- Open the "Export All Products" profile and configure it according to your needs/preferences
- After saving the profile go to the "Run Profile" tab and press the "Run Profile in Popup" button, this will save the export .csv file
- Now use your FTP program or file manager to download this file to your computer. By default the export file is called "export_all_products.csv" and located in the
- Open this file on your local computer using an appropriate program, make changes/add your products and save it
To import the products using this new .csv file:
- Go to
System > Import/Export > Dataflow - Pofiles again
- Open the "Import All Products" profile, configure it according to your needs/preferences and save the profile
- Go to the "Upload File" tab and browse for the modified .csv file you just saved on your computer and save the profile once again to upload this .csv file
- Finally, head over to the "Run Profile" tab, select the .csv file that you have uploaded in the previous step and click on the "Run Profile in Popup" button. Your products import .csv file will then be processed.
- After completion of the import you should see a success message
Here's the the link to the original Magento User Guide documentation on how to work with .csv files when operation a Magento store.