I want to add some custom data to persistent shopping cart like below:
- Persistent shopping cart enabled
- Session timeout set to idealy amount of time (eg: 1 week, 1 month)
- Visitor visits website (not logged, doesn't add anything to cart)
- Prompt visitor to input some custom data (eg: body height, body weight, ...)
- Visitor inputs data then click Save
- Website saves this data to persistent shopping cart
- Several days later, visitor visits website again and this data remains on website, no need to re-input anymore.
How can I do that? When visitor hasn't added anything to shopping cart, is it possible to add custom data to cart? Where to add? Quote or something else?
P/s: I want to add custom data to persisten shopping cart because it seems like the most reliable solution I've known.