Recently we changed the URL structure. We removed parent category path from the URL's.
For ex: www.example.com/display-cabinets/display-counters has been changed to www.example.com/display-counters
We generated a new sitemap and submitted it to Google webmaster tools.
The problem is, In Google results, we can't able to see the exact URL (www.example.com/display-counters) when we search for it.
Instead Google displays the old cache "www.example.com › Display Cabinets" like these in search results. But when we click, it redirects to the correct page (www.example.com/display-counters).
Please check the below image. You will get an idea of what I was mentioning.
We need the new URL (www.example.com/display-counters) to be shown in Google results. Can you please suggest what we can do for this.
Looking forward for the response.