Good evening, I'm creating a webshop based on Magento to sell my articles in France, as I'm ready to launch the shop today I was doing some test like signup with different accounts and making purchase and I notice one big issue regarding TAX, let me explain:
Tax should be paid as:
- For FR customers (private) they pay taxes
For FR-B2B (companies) they pay taxes
For EU customers (private) they pay taxes
For EU-B2B (companies) they DON'T pay taxes
For outside EU customers (private) they DON'T pay taxes
- For outside EU-B2B (companies) they DON'T pay taxes
Now what I did is to setup two store views, one in French and one in English, both have a list of 130 products, one list translated in French, the other in English while both list have same prices.
- I setup a tax rate for French
- I setup two customer groups (Private and Company)
- I setup to apply TAX based on billing address
THE RESULT - If I signup as a private user (without adding VAT number), Magento signup me with the Private group and bill me the VAT. - If I signup as a company user (with VAT number), Magento do the same as before
- If I signup as a UK, DE, PT or any user or company in Europe Magento doesn't bill me the VAT
- If I signup as a private or a company outside Europe Magento do the same, doesn't bill me the VAT and assign me the Private group.
I spent an entire week reading many tutorials, even uploading EU tax rates, but nothing to do, I really don't understand what's wrong with my setup.