We currently are working on 2 Magento sites, one is Enterprise 1.11 and one is Enterprise 1.13, if we take too long testing out all out modifications in 1.13 then we plan on getting a security patch for 1.11 and use that as the production site, otherwise we will use 1.13
natully, bugs found in 1.11 still need to be fixed and we are also being told to make other modifications to 1.11 despite the fact we are trying to get 1.13 working, some fixes/mods for 1.11 involve database edits
now i though if i restored my database to the latest dumped version of 1.11 we have and run a 1.13 version of magento the database would update itself, however it's not, firstly, when i go into a category after landing on the home page i get this exception error
Unknown column 'rule.calculate_subtotal' in 'field list'
looking over the update .php files and there is a upgrade-18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124.php in /app/code/core/Mage/Tax/sql/tax_setup/, looking in core_resource in both the 1.11 database i'm trying to upgrade and 1.13 database that i have been working on for a while (which is fully upgraded but doesn't have most of the database edits) and the 1.13 database shows both version and data_version for tax_setup to be 126.96.36.199, in the 1.11 database they both show 188.8.131.52 (one at least should be 184.108.40.206)
now if it was just edits to our custom tables we have added then there would be no problem but there are some banner/cms/system settings that have been chnaged and the sql dump file is almost 1GB so try doing a compare with that
i am wondering why Magento is not updating the database when it should, is there a cache i have to remove that isn't the var/cache or var/full_page_cache which i delete anyway