I am a novice at Magento development. I am more experienced in Joomla and wordpress and have realized magento isn't as easy as i though, so i now have to request help!
I need help in achieving the following. I have an idea of how to approach this, but i would really appreciate you guys providing me the best solution/steps in achieving this. I dont want to be wasting too much of my time doing trial and error.
I need to create a module that does the following in the admin panel (adminhtml).
- When i login, a sub-menu titled "Order Monitor" will be shown under the sales menu.
- when clcik, this menu item will open a page that displays a single button in the middle title "Next Order".
- When the button is clicked, it should fetch all pending orders, from specified categories, from a specified store view. (i guess i would need a configuration area for that)
- the page would then display 2 sections, bottom/top. The lower section displays a orders table with orders in cue and their info. The top section displays the full order details (items purchased, customer info, etc.) of the next order in the cue.
- I will then have a button in the top section to be clicked when the order is packed and complete, which will change that order to a different status.
here what i believe is the hard part... Another feature i would love to integrate, is for the system to be able to bring up the next order in the cue if someone else is loggeed in and viewing/processing a order that is higher in the cue. example: if Packer1 is logged in and viewing/processing an order thats 1st in line. if Packer2 logs in and goes to smae page, the system automatically selects the order 2nd in line.
I tried attempting this by using @Marius magento extension Ultimate Module Creator. which is a lot of help. learning slowly but i need to pick it up to get this done in time. This is a personal project btw!
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. if you can provide some codes, even better.