I am concerned about my server as I am seeing consistent CPU spikes in New Relic caused by DU. I am not having much help from the hosting company as they keep saying it is an application problem (however I got a little bit hopeful yesterday when someone actually looked into my server and and saw my APC memory was full up as the setting was only at 38mb.)
They adjusted it to 128mb. Since then the site performance has noticeably improved and the site feels more snappy.
I have started to notice the CPU spikes again which are consistent but site performance feels fine. Again it seems to be caused by DU (I am site owner so my knowledge is limited) see screenshot:
Here is an overview of the server over last 12 hours:
My server has 4gb ram and settings are as follows
PHP Memory - 2048mb APC - 128mb
Here is a screenshot from Top command.
And the new relic server graphs around time of Top screenshot
Here are my cron jobs: