company where I'm work decided to change current online store and use existing eCommerce solutions. We are looking on 3 options: Magento Go, X-Cart or build it by ourselves. The problem is that some functionality and further extensions are quite unique and we not sure that existing eCommerce can handle it. Magento Enterprise cost $15,550/year and it's what we can not offer, so option only is Go version.
As no one in our company ever work with Magento or X-Cart, we can not make right decision based on our knowledge. I'm asking your expert opinion about what we can or can't do in Magento Go or X-Cart. Please answer if you really have good experience with one or both of that systems.
Here are some requirements:
- Users must be pre-authorized before enter the site (like CMS, asking login and password)
- Users should have their profile page with info about purchased items
- Integration with external DB where we store our products and prices (grab data from external source)
- Stock availability and tracking (update shipping info)
- Support multy user categories with different prices for each group
- Users should be linked with country and see prices for their country (I think that it's part of DB integration)
- Products may be combined in a group when purchase selected amount and apply discount
- Make sales for specific user category
- SKU must be generated by specific rules (for example: Shirt-S-Yellow, Shirt-M-Green)
- Keep order opened for a day even after you logged out and then send order to proceed
- Customized pages
- Support Credit Cards (looks like it's supported by both systems)
- SSL (the same, looks like supported)
- Easy to manage from back-end
If something is impossible to do, then probably we have to build that system by ourselves. Maybe some of requirements are sound stupid, but as I said, we don't have any experience with Magento and X-Cart. Any help would be highly appreciated.