I have seen many similar posts describing the problem I am experiencing, but I have been so far entirely unsuccessful in trying to resolve it. I recently upgraded to Magento CE 188.8.131.52, and now I get a blank page when navigating to System > Configuration in the back-end. The rendered page contains only empty html and body tags.
The only error that I get (in the logs or on screen with
display_errors enabled in the
index.php) when opening the configuration page (or any other admin page) is the following:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method
Zend_Locale::getAlias()in app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Locale.php on line 243
The relevant line from
$allowedAliases[Zend_Locale::getAlias($code)] = $code;
I have attempted:
- Refreshing and/or disabling all caches.
- Disabling all non-Mage modules in
app/code/community(removing all files).
- Tried both PHP 5.4.16 and 5.5.21
- Comparing all files in
lib/with those from a fresh install. None were missing, but I attempted refreshing them anyway.
- Refreshing the user permissions by opening and saving the Administrator role in System > Permissions > Roles.
- Checked and re-checked file permissions, having tried both the Magento recommended perms and fully permissive (777).
- CentOS 7
- Magento CE 184.108.40.206
- PHP 5.4.16 or 5.5.21