A site I took over is acting very funny after we moved it to another database and directory. I am going to give two links, the same page from two different sites. What happened is, we had a development site in one directory and a production site in the root dir. We just copied over the dev site to the root and changed the local.xml to point to the prod. database. now the product pages are acting weird. One difference in the site that I see is that the correct page is using col2 left, and the other is col3. now these pages were custom and not in my list of cms pages, so I do not know where to change them or find them.
I think you have mentioned wrong skin url in the secure base url in configuration. Please check in configuration->web settings in your admin panel. or somewhere missing js file.