I have a client who came to me because their website has been hacked to hell in a handbasket. It's beyond salvageable. Server is rooted, core files changed, they are in the database, and so on.
- I've decided to move them to a new host
- Magento is installed and working.
I'm now trying to move all their products and customers over.
- Playing with community addition here.
- Their old Magento version is: 184.108.40.206
- The new one is: 220.127.116.11
I'm running into brick walls because the migration path seems to be fragmented.
- I need all the products.
- I need all the customers.
- I need to preserve the theme.
Hacked code aside, moving the products is killing me.
- What process do I follow to get all products moved over? All data, images included.
- What process do I follow to move all the attributes this previous install had.
- What are the risks with just copying the database (outside of hacked code in the database.)
- I figured this might be bad idea since the versions are changing...
Appreciate any advice, I've been reading documentation on these issues for a while now and it's brick wall after brick wall.