Well I guess here's a rare situation, because I can't find any writings about it. I'm building an e-commerce store (Magento) for my client, who doesn't want to sell his products directly. The main reason for that is that he's never certain of the stock. There's, at this time, no possibility of linking the online shop to a POS and we wouldn't want to spend our time refunding people's money all the time, nor would that be ethic.
So actually, this should be the timeline:
- Client chooses product and orders
- Client fills in name & e-mail
- Thanks for your order, we will now check if it's available
- Admin receives mail, checks if in stock and confirms
- Client receives mail: article(s) in stock! You can now finalize your order
- Checkout process with payment
- Building a e-commerce platform myself: time consuming
- Magento Pre-Orders: payment has to be done immediately
- Wishlist and get notified when back in stock: not really commercial
So, basically, my question is: what would be a proper solution for this scenario? Any thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you very much.