I'm having an issue with Magento CE version 22.214.171.124 with admin session timeouts. It goes like this:
- I log into the admin.
- I go to the Catalog page.
- I leave the window open, and after a while my session times out.
- Later, I come back to the open window, and click on link to manage categories.
- Because my session has timed out, I see the login screen. I put in my username and password and submit.
- The page refreshes and requires me to login again. I put in my username and password and submit.
- The second login works.
This is different from the infamous "can't log into the admin, page just refreshes" bug because it only requires two logins to work every time.
I think it might have something to do with an old key being left over in the URL on step 5, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?
Edit 1 To be clear, I am not looking to simply extend the lifetime of the session.
Edit 2 I should note that I have a different domain for the admin than I do the frontend. I can't find a way to set a different cookie domain for each.