I'm trying to set up a local dev environment using Vagrant and the Vaprobash script since I've used it before in several PHP based applications but for some reason I'm not able to login to the admin area.
- Nginx 1.7
- PHP 5.5
- MySQL 5.6
Which should be fine considering the system requirements for Magento 1.9.
I think it might be related to this answer in SO however I've tried several ways to fix it without luck:
- I tried using Apache 2.2 instead of Nginx.
- I'm not using localhost or any other one-word domain name, I tried using the IP of the virtual box and also mapped a
magento.local.devdomain in my hosts file.
- I tried storing sessions in files and database, both are getting stored just fine so it doesn't seem like a permissions issue.
- I tried commention out the
$cookieParamslines in the
Varien.phpfile and it didn't work so it might not be related to the cookies.
- I tried running the installer from the web interface, command line and the magerun script.
- I ran the magerun
sys:checkcommand and everything returned green.
There was a moment where I could make it work but I'm not exactly sure what I did because I was trying so many things, I remember opening incognito mode in Chrome, clearing the cookies and login in just fine but I destroyed the box to se if I could reproduce it and I couldn't.
I've managed to set it up using a much simpler script however I'm not sure what the difference might be, maybe it's because I'm using php-fpm but I've seen it work with Magento before. I'm thinking it might be some server setting or something like that but I can't see what it might be.
EDIT: I just noticed I can't add products to the shopping cart from the frontend, it could be part of the same problem.