I am new to Magento and I have installed Magento ver. 188.8.131.52 just couple of days ago. This is my problem: My store is not sending any emails after placing the order, or commenting the order, changing status of it or any sales activity at all, as well as emails to friend. However when I submit an email through Contact Us form, this email is delivered.
- testmail.php is working I can send emails and they are delivered
- Configuration/General/Store Email Addresses are configured
- Configuration/Sales/Sales Emails are enabled
- I have even set Configuration/Advanced/System/Mail Sending Settings (No,smtp.xxx.xx,25,No), even though I believe this is not required
- I receive no error message. When I check the logs (had to create files manually myself), exception.log contains nothing related to mail, system.log is empty.
- I think this is not the problem, but now I am a bit paranoid, i run Magento no directly on the address www.example.com but on the www.example.com/apps/magento191_2
Any idea whats going on please? Thank you.