I am attempting to upload images to my products on a Magento site. It is a fresh install of Magento, running on a GoDaddy shared hosting server. It has been previously running on this server, set up by somebody else, so I know it to be possible with some tweaks. I do not know if the tweaks are needed to be made to the server, to Magento, or what. So here it is:
In Catalog > Manage Products > Product > Images - I have a flash interface for uploading images for the chosen product. I have the browse and upload buttons, and I elect my image and then press "Upload Files" button. I get a red box that states "File was not uploaded.". I have done hours of research into this issue and there seems to be no clear answer but I will lay out the solutions I have tried:
- Change browser, computer, clear local cache and cookies etc.
- Check permissions for /media/ folder (tried 777 and 755).
- Read and implemented changes to .htaccess for GoDaddy servers as explained by the .htaccess file in Magento root
- Disabled store view, flushed cache, logged out from Magento, deleted cache from /var/cache/ and then re-enabled store view, cleared cache again
- Uploaded and called an earlier version of Prototype.js
- Uploaded a local version of jQuery as I read that Prototype and jQuery can conflict and this was the suggested solution
- Checked that the GD extension is installed in my server's PHP build.
I must note that Magento is installed in a subdirectory on my server, however it has not moved from when I first installed it so I don't think there should be any issues with the pathing getting messed up.