The VAT Tax breakdown isn't being shown on the shopping basket when a visitor adds a product to it. If they go to checkout, and then back (without doing anything in checkout), it will display the breakdown. Otherwise it just displays a sub total and total (which are exactly the same).
The settings we have configured are:
- Tax calculation method based on: Unit Price
- Tax Calculation Based On: Shipping Address
- Catalog Prices: Excluding Tax
- Delivery Prices: Excluding Tax
- Apply Customer Tax: After Discount
- Apply Discount On Prices: Excluding Tax
- Default Country: UK
- Default State/Post Code: *
Shopping Cart Display Settings
- Prices: Excluding Tax
- Sub Total: Excluding Tax
- Delivery Amount: Incl. and Excl. Tax
- Include Tax in Grand Total: No (Even on yes, this just shows two prices exactly the same, without VAT being added on).
There are several Tax rates set up, one for each applicable country at 20%. The Tax Rule is applied to retail customers and taxable goods; the issue seems to happen when multiple tax rates are selected (if I just select the UK VAT one, prices display as expected, otherwise if I select them all, it only displays ex VAT in everything).
Any ideas? I've followed both magento guides/documentation and other blog posts on doing this, and none of them help resolve the issue unfortunately.