I'm using Magento 1.9 and trying to do these changes:
- Create a Configurable Product and associate 5 products to it
- 4 products have these custom options: color and size
- 1 product has color, size and fabric
Now, the issue is that if I select options from the dropdown, then the product which contains the "fabric" option also that displays the "color" and "size" options only somehow fabric is not loaded
My first thought was to extend
Mage_Catalog_Block_Product_View_Options and reload from configurable.js.
but I'm not sure if this is the right way as I tried to use
getCustomOptions, then it returns null.
If someone encountered this also, I would really appreciate the help and guidance.
Here are some step by step screenshots that I hope it will make you understand better what I'm trying to achieve:
- 5 configurable products: http://screencast.com/t/yQlRNRv5
- if I click on Aluminium for example, the product page will display the print size options http://screencast.com/t/sjiSC3Ic2
- now, the Canvas product is the only product that has an extra option that should appear only when you select Canvas: http://screencast.com/t/7hKE0M3gIW2m
The user has the option to change from dropdown from Aluminium to Canvas and that's when the "Canvas Wrap" option should appear: http://screencast.com/t/IMbaebAs4a and backwards, if you are on Canvas configurable product page, if you select Aluminium, the "canvas wrap" should disappear since the other associated products do not have that custom option.