Since about 2 weeks we're getting about 2-3 faked orders each day in one of our Magento stores (v1.5.1). Every order is placed following the same scheme:
- the user visits the storefront
- accesses 1 or 2 random products from the frontpage
- order is placed with faked data:
- the addresses seem legit (street + zipcode/city do exist)
- all addresses are in the same region/province
- every order is using the same payment method (debit payment with valid bank code)
- phone == fax with two leading zeros: 00...
- email adresses look spammy: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com ..
The order process from first visit until the order is placed always takes about 3 minutes. The IP addresses are always different (but not from foreign countries). The user agent is always
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
At first this all looks to me like some automated testing, but then why are all orders placed from different IP addresses? Why is the address valid except the name?
Any help or thoughts on that?