I've just come across a weird, extremely frustrating issue which I've now wasted two hours trying to get to the bottom of...
I've just copied a new Magento store from one domain to another on the same server. There is currently the website on the old domain and it is duplicated on the new domain.
- Base URL's updated.
- Database credentials updated.
- Cache cleared.
- Sessions cleared.
- Server tmp directory cleared.
- The only other thing I had to do was change the redirect to base config in the database from 1 to 0 to get rid of the redirect loop.
Everything works perfectly fine on the old domain. All functionality is as expected with no errors in the logs.
On the new domain however, I cannot make any changes from the Magento admin panel. Nothing saves despite the 'changes made successfully' notification:-
- None of the checkboxes are recognised if I try to bulk delete/edit.
- None of the dropdown are recognised.
- I can click on links and perform actions (i.e reindex an individual index).
There are no errors in the log. There are no errors in the browser console.
I really have no idea how the site works fine on one domain and not on another yet I have no errors anywhere (and logging is working as I forced errors to check this).