I am building 3 magento websites using 1 magento installation, and those 3 are connected as below:
- When user enters the site domain.com, they will enter the "main" website and presented by 2 options, go to "sub" website A or "sub" website B.
- Each sub website has their own products and has a different theme, but when user switches between each sub-website, they'll carry the cart with them. In other words, they share the cart between the sub-websites.
- Once the user is done shopping, they will go to checkout on the main website.
- On the main website's cart, if the user clicks the product that comes from subwebsite A, they will be redirected to subwebsite A with its own theme, and this goes for another product.
- Another feature is, when user uses the "search functionality" on subwebsite A, they will only get results from sub-website A's products.
What is the best way to achieve this? Should I use 3 websites or just 3 stores under the same website?