I'm wondering what's the best way to realise translations with translation bureaus.
Basically I see two ways of doing this:
- Send them the CSV files.
- Give them access to a Magento installation for inline translation.
The issues that can occur:
- Quite many agencies prefer "professional" file formats like .pot / .po (GetText).
- The context for the strings to be translated is missing.
- Not every text can be found in CSV files (CMS block, CMS pages, ...).
- Not every agency wants to learn how to use the Magento backend
- It's difficult to reproduce all scenarios for translatable texts (think error messages e.g.)
- I want my translations to be in versionable file instead of the database. (Ok, you can work around that and extract the translations from the DB to files.)
All in all this seems to be time-consuming and error-prone. Am I missing something obvious here?