After struggling through a chaotic year, and keeping only small track of the comedy of horrors that is Brexit we find ourselves at the end of 2020 and its back.
As a small EU (Dutch) B2C website with some sales to the UK our Brexit preparation so far has been:
- At the end of 2020 set all taxes for the UK to 0% (outside EU), start writing CN23's as for any other outside EU country (including Norway/Switserland)
However, more information has been propping up about the small parcel tax that comes into force on January 1.
Detailed in #1 we need to the following:
- Set all taxes to 0% for outside EU
- Register for a British Tax VAT account
- For orders under GBP 135 #2, collect a 20% VAT at point of sale (eg. our website)
- Report the VAT to British tax office
Step #1 is trivial. However, Step 3 seems more than just a little complicated.
Are there any Magento 2 modules that can assist in this ?
#2 Ignoring the whole GBP 135 at what/whose exchange rate question for now
#3 Additional for those not up to speed on the Brexit/Small parcel tax: https://youtu.be/saKw6j836hw?t=883