I need to package an extension for Magento Connect and I'm in doubt about following points:
- Do I need EE to package it ?
- Should I use a different 'Channel' ( instead of community ) ?
- Any other difference instead of packaging an ext. for CE ?
It is advisable to upload the package for Connect 1.0
Once you upload the package on Magento Connect, It will try to convert the package from 2.0 -> 1.0
This process return an error while conversion from 1.0 -> 2.0 works
The reason behind this question is the following:
Suppose I want to sell the extension and so my customer will download the package file from my store.
If they don't have the community channel installed:
- the installation will fail with the following message:
CONNECT ERROR: The 'community' channel is not installed. Please use the MAGE shell script to install the 'community' channel.
- the store will go in maintenance mode
- the client will go in panic.
./mage mage-setup .... this doesn't look like a
plug and playsolution and potentially can create damage to a store.
So the point is:
there is any more proper way to deliver a non-free extension for EE ?