I'm having the problem where I can't log into the backend of Magento 1.8 after I've pulled it onto my local vagrant box. When I log in using an incorrect password, I get an error message. When I use correct credentials, it just loops. I've tried:
- Making sure I'm not using local host. I've set it up so I'm using www.ared.dev on the local machine.
- Making sure all URLs have been updated in core_config_data.
- Made sure timezone is set correctly.
- Checked that cookies were being set and not immediately expiring (Domain on the cookie is showing up as .www.ared.dev (I'm not sure if the dot in front of the domain is a clue to what the problem may be or not)
- Checked that I don't have multiple adminhtml stored in my browser
- My store method is "Files" and I see sessions being wrote to /var/session
- I even tried the core hack to /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/Abstract/Varien.php. That didn't work either.
I'm starting to run out of posts to Google.
The error message I'm getting in the logs is: ERR (3): Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/www/XXXX/var/session) in Unknown on line 0