As the title says, I'm experiencing a rather strange issue on my Magento instance (2.3.5-p1).
We have two languages, English and French, and thus have a language switcher allowing users to switch back and forth. This works as expected on every pages on the site except on the Home Page (as far as I've tested).
You can try this live by going to shop.icrc.org.
- Switch the language to "Français". The page reloads, but the language is not updated.
- Naviguate to any other page, and the site should now be in French.
- From there, go back to the Home Page and the site is back in English.
What is really strange is that:
- this behavior does not exist on our staging environment, which is also a 2.3.5-p1 instance.
- If you take a look at the Cookies set by Magento, you'll see that the one named
store(which I suppose is used to indicate the current store language) is properly set even on the Home Page to the selected language (i.e. It exists with a value of
frafter changing the language to "Français"). It's as if the Home Page did not care about the value of this cookie for whatever reason...
Alright, so... I have no idea where to look or investigate to try and fix this problem...
Would anyone have any clue as to what could cause this behavior? Even a somewhat vague intuition would be fine by me... Is this a back-office configuration issue? A code issue? A server misconfiguration? I'll take anything :D