after recent announcement of Google to rank https/ssl site higher we are investigating how to do this.
Situation: we run Magento 1.8.1 multistore on 1 IP with 4 stores & in total 12 storeviews. Every storeview has one domain. Server is VPS on CentOs 6.5 & Direct Admin 1.45
Question: Now what would we the steps to set-up https/ssl?
(maybe we can collaborate and make it a wiki question)
Things I can think of
- Buy certificate [where is best & what type for multistore that makes Google smile]
- Correct way of installing on DA
- Config steps in Magento (for multistore)
- Config step in htaccess? (for multistore)
- Method to secure SEO juice from htp site?
- Correct all "This page contains both secure and nonsecure items""
- Server caching issues?
There is probably a lot of information that can be found "in parts" - but what about aggregating it here
Many many thanks