I am trying to restore the current running magento 1.6.x to a new location for upgrade, however I am experiencing some issues with 404 with restored site from backup.
Old server is using Apache, new server is using Nginx, and it should ignore all .htaccess from old site, but as you can see http://www.dev.bestinnature.ca/ on both front and backend showing 404, I do not see any error other than 404 from nginx access or error log
Here are steps I've taken
- setup a Nginx server, by using this environment I am enable to install a new Magento 1.9 without any issue
- backup MySQL DB and entire old site files
- restore MySQL DB, change unsecure and secure URL to http://www.dev.bestinnature.ca/
- restore site files to new location
- remove var/*
- change local.xml to new MySQL DB
- checked url rewrite from core_config is 0
There must be something from old site configuration that not recognizing the environment since any new install program works on this environment other than this backup.
I don't know what else to look for at this point, anyone can point me out any direction?