- Magento Open Source version 2.2.8
- PHP 7.1.29, MySQL 5.6, Apache 2.4.
- Clean install. No extensions or themes installed.
Steps to reproduce
1) Go to Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales -> Orders Cron Settings -> Pending Payment Order Lifetime (minutes)
2) Set "Pending Payment Order Lifetime" to 1 minute.
3) Create a order using a offline payment method such as "Check / Money order"
We expect the created order to be cancelled and re-stock items after 1 minute in pending status.
Even though in user guide doesn't explicit say that the order will be cancelled it do imply it: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/sales/order-pending-payment-lifetime.html
Order keeps in "pending" status forever unless it's cancelled by the admin.