I've seen multiple people use
save_order_place_after, as well as
checkout_onepage_controller_success_action. My issue is that I want to do a quick scan of information collected on that order, and update tables depending on the information collected. I've tried both of these events and get the following results (using PayPal Onepage checkout):
- Blank page loaded (PayPal payment review page according to URL)
- Order interrupted (no success page)
- Payment is sent to PayPal successfully
- No order information is saved anywhere in admin panel or database
- Account then becomes glitched with "duplicate invoice" error and cannot place another order without receiving error
- An email is triggered and sent successfully from the
- Order is successful
- Success page loaded
- Nothing is executed from
There are no syntax errors in the
Observer.php, as it works correctly with the first event but is apparently interrupting the order in some way.
Is there another event that's triggered after an order is successfully completed and saved so that I can scan all information collected on the order?