I know of a multi-billion dollar entity that has rebranded Magento 1 Community as their own creation and is then re-distributing to hundreds of unsuspecting customers who are not aware that they are indeed on Magento.
I believe this is a clear violation of Open Software License v. 3.0 (OSL-3.0)
"c) to distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work and Derivative Works to the public, with the proviso that copies of Original Work or Derivative Works that You distribute or communicate shall be licensed under this Open Software License"
Before reporting them first want to know if this is indeed a violation.
- Sites are built on Magento Community.
- All the admin panels have been altered to remove all mention of Magento.
- Customers have no idea they are on Magento.
- Organization is proudly stating in the press that the platform is their's.
- I have documents to prove all of this.
Looking for feedback.